- A suitable analgesic (painkiller) for children
- Used to treat moderate pain and reduce fever
- Alleviate signs of cold, flu, headache, toothache and sore throat
Ibuprofen for Kids
- A non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicine
- Acts by reducing hormones in the body that cause inflammation and pain
- Effective for the short-term relief of minor aches and pains
- Relieves the symptoms of your child’s cough and eases discomfort
- promotes rapid recovery
- loosens secretions in the chest and relieves congestion
Benylin Children's Chesty Cough
- Relief from symptoms of acute productive (chesty) cough
- Loosens the mucus in the lungs and the airways
- Effectively aids in relaxing the throat and chest
- Used for mild to moderate pain and to reduce fever in children
- Relieves symptoms of colds, flu, headaches, toothache and sore throat
- Can also be used in conjunction with other medicines to relieve cold and flu
- Regains lost water and salts lost from your body when you have diarrhoea
- Contains rehydration salts, which consist of sugar (glucose) and electrolytes
- Product comes in a powder type
Olbas for Children
- Used for colds, flu, hay fever and blocked sinuses
- A mixture of pure plant essential oils
- For infants aged 3 months to two years
- A potent antiseptic
- Heals skin conditions like nappy rash, eczema, surface wounds and sunburn
- Incorporates 15.25% Zinc Oxide as the active ingredient
Optibac Live Cultures
- Boosts the immune and digestive system
- Can decrease the chances of your children becoming ill
- Improves chronic conditions such as allergies, eczema or indigestion problems
Dentinox Cradle Cap
- An effective way to treat cradle cap
- Formulated to cleanse the baby's scalp
- Helps smooth the skin and purify the hair
Colief Infant Drops
- Relieves and treats the symptoms of colic
- Breaks down lactose in the feeding milk
- Known to be the original lactase enzyme
Infacol Colic Relief
- Relief from baby’s air, infant colic and extreme discomfort
- Helps to release air or burping in infants
- Repeated usage over several days will improve efficacy
Metanium Nappy Rash Ointment
- Designed to prevent rash in the nappy
- Helps alleviate, protect, and heal soreness
- Creates a thin barrier between the skin and waste
Anbesol Teething Gel
- An antiseptic and anesthetic OTC gel
- Immediate relief from teething discomfort, tooth irritation, ulcers etc.
- Soothes and relieves the patient instantly
Dentinox Colic Drops
- Alleviates symptoms of indigestion and pain in the stomach
- Helps alleviate colic
- Helps to release trapped air
- An effective treatment against head lice
- Fir use by adults & children over six months
- Coats the louse and makes it immobile
- A fast-acting solution for head lice & eggs
- Seals in the lice that is attached to the hair shaft
- Works within a 15 minutes of application
Nitty Gritty NitFree Comb
- A highly effective method for removing head lice and the eggs
- Award-winning design ensures a quick and easy process
- Removal of head lice in a chemical-free manner
Aveeno Baby Hair and Body Wash
- Relieves eczema symptoms like dryness and itchiness
- Perfect for delicate and sensitive baby skin
- Can be used every day
Aveeno Baby Daily Care Lotion
- Capable of stopping the skin from cracking, chapping or chafing
- Formulated to nourish and protect the baby skin
- Recommended for dry and sensitive skin
Vamousse Head Lice Treatment
- A useful product to use for preventing head lice
- Dehydrates head lice and their eggs
- Can be used as a regular shampoo
Woodwards Gripe Water
- An antiacid and antiflatulent for babies
- Alleviates pressure or waves of abdominal pain in babies
- For babies aged 1 to 12 months
Ashton & Parsons Teething Powders
- Provides relief from symptoms of teething pain
- Contains the herbal medicine marticaria
- Can be used in babies from the age of 3 months up
Bickiepegs Teething Biscuits
- Designed to help babies with teething
- Allows the baby to chew the peg using full range of teeth
- 100% natural
Do young ones need extra care?
Every day, the world becomes slightly harder to navigate. With climate change picking up its pace, the number of triggers present in the average human adult environment has multiplied, and they’ve grown at double the rate for the young ones. Sometimes this damage manifests as diseases that children nowadays are born with, for instance, asthma, thalassemia, down syndrome, etc. Whatever the case, it’s evident parents need to be a bit more mindful when looking after their children.
Caring for children is no longer limited to making sure they sleep on time and wear warm enough clothes. It means looking out for them, keeping all threats in mind, looking after their diet, medication, physical activity, and emotional wellbeing. Only when you’re making an effort to control things on all tiers will your young ones be safe and healthy.
What kind of dangers are young ones exposed to?
It isn’t an understatement to say the world is no less of a battlefield for the young ones. They’re exposed to pollutants and allergens on their way to school while playing on the school grounds, taking a walk to the park, or trying to enjoy an ice cream on their lawn. The threats from their environment are pretty obvious, but how they may manifest aren’t. For instance, water pollution may mean that accessing clean water supplies is a hard job. But, children have immune systems that are building themselves every day, and they may not be able to stand the impurities in the water. Similarly, preservatives and artificial flavouring are frequently used nowadays. A young one’s digestive system may not react well to these chemicals.
Another insidious danger to health is laziness. With time, children have to resort to digital means for education and interaction. Going outside for everything isn’t a necessity anymore, and it more often than not becomes an option we don’t reach for. In this case, children get lazy and used to lounging around. This impacts their energy levels and mental wellbeing.
What everyday illness can children catch?
Children are vulnerable to a spectrum of diseases. Some of these are commonly caught and easily treated, while others require more attention. In any case, parents must be highly vigilant and ready to respond to the threat.
The common cold:
As the name suggests, the cold or flu is quite frequent among children. When the weather turns a bit chilly, and children don’t cover up enough, the chill could seep in and attack their system. The cold symptoms include a runny or blocked nose, sneezing, and watery eyes. Your child might likely develop a fever with the cold and experience an uneasy sensation of warmth across their body. It would help if you kept your children hydrated when battling a cold.
The stomach flu:
Children have sensitive stomachs, and they can get upset very easily. The stomach flu could either mean an infection in the gut or just the stomach being upset because of one’s diet. It could manifest as nausea and vomiting, along with muscle aches and abdominal pain. Stomach flu is quite contagious, so it’s essential to stay away from people when recovering and make sure you’re avoiding any trigger foods.
Children complain of ear pain quite often. The condition in itself is not that serious, but it can indicate more severe illnesses. For instance, ear pain accompanied by a fever could mean an infection is developing. A paediatrician will be able to identify why the ear pain is occurring and how to treat it.
What are the more dangerous illnesses children face?
Besides the fever and flu, your child will also be open to other illnesses you should know about. These may not be so common, but they can be combated easily.
Bronchitis impacts the airways and requires immediate medical attention. The bronchial tubes swell, and the child has difficulty in breathing. You might hear a wheezing sound when they breathe. Bronchitis can attack adults and children alike and is damaging for both. It may occur due to the body’s reaction against allergens such as pollen grains or smoke. Sometimes, it gets transmitted as a viral infection.
Eczema is a prevalent skin disease, and adults and children alike have a chance of developing it. The symptoms include patches of skin that are reddened and itchy. Fighting eczema becomes hard because there is a constant impulse to scratch at the affected areas. However, doing so causes more irritation and even bleeding.
Eczema usually occurs when the skin has been left either too dry or too damp for extended periods. It may also be triggered by contact with substances that the skin is sensitive to. These materials include detergents, soaps, jewellery, or metal salts. Hence, treating eczema requires distancing from the sense that caused it.
One of the most commonly seen chronic illnesses in children is asthma. Most people who have asthma are born with it. However, it may develop later on as well. Asthma entails a constricting of the airways and excessive production of mucous. An asthma attack can be deadly if not catered to on time. Parents must make sure their child’s inhaler is always in plain sight. Avoiding allergens like pollen grains, dust or smoke is also crucial.
How can you care for your young ones?
You can easily prevent your child from catching these frequent diseases by putting a little effort into their routine. A few simple steps, and you’ll be good to go.
Buy a humidifier:
You’ve probably realized by now that babies and young children alike have sensitive lungs, and our atmosphere isn’t helpful in that aspect. Having a humidifier at home will make the house feel like a haven for your child. A humidifier purifies the air and maintains quality. Hence, chances of suffering an asthma attack or bronchitis at home become minimal.
Make sure they’re running:
Children nowadays lack physical activity in their routines. Hence, their stamina doesn’t develop on time, and they fall behind during exertive activities. Therefore, parents should add activities like cycling or running to their children’s routines to ensure their immune system is always keeping up.
Remember to vaccinate:
There’s only one definitive way to lessen your child’s chances of certain diseases like the flu or polio, and it’s through vaccinating. Vaccines stimulate a response from the immune system and teach it to respond to specific threats. Hence, when the illness attacks, your system knows how to fight it.
Give them their vitamins:
Vitamins are a very productive add-on to a child’s daily diet. They provide that extra boost that will make sure they can always enjoy every activity to the finest.
How do child care products work?
Medicines and other care products manufactured for children contain a very balanced and cautious mix of ingredients. For example, if your child has a fever or a cold, you can turn to syrups such as paracetamol or Calpol. They will relieve your child of the pain and reduce the symptoms of the illness.
Children have sensitive skin, and you should always make a point to use child-friendly lotions or body wash. The Click Pharmacy website provides you with the Aveeno Baby Daily Care Lotion and the Aveeno Baby Body Wash. With these products, your baby’s skin will always remain as soft and delicate as it should be, void of any irritation.
If you’ve got more questions about how to cater to your child’s needs, reach out to the Click Pharmacy website today!
Can I buy children and babies treatment online?
Yes! You can quickly and discreetly buy children and babies treatment online through our website.
Patient information leaflet
Always read the patient information leaflet before starting your treatment.
Last reviewed 11 April 2023
Order your medication in a few clicks. Our process is easy, fast and secure.