Canesbalance Bacterial Vaginosis
- Relieves symptoms of Bacterial Vaginosis (BV)
- Regulates the pH balance
- Restricts the growth of harmful bacteria
- Developed for the intimate parts of the skin
- Cleanses and maintains pH levels
- Contains extracts of aloe vera and calendula
- Helps relieve the symptoms of vaginal dryness
- Helps to prevent infections and repair tissue
- Also suitable for cancer patients
- Alleviates the symptoms of BV
- Clinically proven
- Provides instant relief
- Treats the vaginal dryness
- Long-lasting and effective moisturiser
- Clinically proven
Replens MD Moisturiser
- Alleviates the symptoms caused by vaginal dryness
- A hormone-free moisturiser
- Extremely effective at restoring natural moisture levels
- What is vaginal dryness?
- What causes vaginal dryness?
- What are the common symptoms of vaginal dryness?
- How to prevent vaginal dryness?
- Natural remedies to prevent vaginal dryness;
- How to treat vaginal dryness?
- Can I buy vaginal dryness treatment online?
- How long does it take to treat vaginal dryness?
- Patient information leaflet
What is vaginal dryness?
A thin layer of moisture coats vaginal walls, and moisture provides an alkaline environment that sperm can survive and travel for production. The vaginal secretion also lubricates the vaginal wall and reduces friction during sexual intercourse. As women age, hormone production changes can cause vaginal walls to be thin, which means fewer cells secrete moisture, leading to vaginal dryness. Vaginal dryness is a medical condition that can cause pain during exercise, sitting, standing, peeing (urinating), and sexual intercourse. Vaginal dryness can occur in females of any age. However, this dryness is common in women after menopause.
What causes vaginal dryness?
Usually, women experience vaginal dryness when estrogen hormone levels decrease. The common causes of vaginal dryness are;
Birth control pills
These pills lower testosterone responsible for producing vaginal lubrication. As a result, a woman can experience vaginal dryness when testosterone levels are reduced.
Menopause is the time at the end of a menstrual cycle. This condition can cause thinning or inflammation of the vaginal walls, leading to vaginal dryness.
Removal of the ovaries
Ovaries are responsible for producing hormones that control the menstrual cycle. Therefore, removing one or both of your ovaries affects hormone production leading to vaginal dryness.
High blood sugar levels (diabetes) may damage the blood vessels in the vagina. This damage leads to a lack of lubrication. Eventually, this leads to vaginal dryness.
Douching elevates pH levels which mean harmful bacteria begin to thrive, and the healthy flora of the vagina struggle to thrive. Harmful bacteria cause immediate health problems such as vaginal dryness.
Smoking women may experience vaginal dryness often because smoking affects blood flow to the body tissues, including the vagina. An effect on blood vessels in the vagina may lead to vaginal dryness.
Psychological conditions such as stress or anxiety can also affect the blood flow in the vagina. Conversely, an insufficient blood flow in the vagina can cause vaginal dryness.
Some other causes of vaginal dryness;
- Anti-estrogen drugs, antihistamines, or antidepressants
- Sjogren’s syndrome (an autoimmune disorder)
- Cancer treatments, including hormonal therapy or chemotherapy
- Childbirth and breastfeeding
- Not enough foreplay before sex
It does not matter what causes vaginal dryness but is extremely painful, leading to burning, itching, and painful intercourse.
What are the common symptoms of vaginal dryness?
Vaginal dryness can cause several problems, such as discomfort in the vagina and pelvic regions. Following are the common symptoms of vaginal dryness;
- Vaginal itching
- Painful intercourse
- Light bleeding following intercourse
- Vaginal stinging
- General discomfort during sex
- Urge to urinate more often than usual
- Keep getting urinary tract infections (a common infection when bacteria enter the urethra and infect the urinary tract).
- Decreased interest in sex (a rare symptom)
How to prevent vaginal dryness?
- Avoid irritating products such as douches.
- Do not use condoms that contain N-9 or nonoxynol-9.
- Do not put lotions and creams like petroleum jelly inside the vagina.
- Avoid using moisturisers not made for the vagina.
- Engage in more foreplay before sexual intercourse.
- Use unperfumed soaps to wash the pelvic area or the vagina.
- You can also use water-based lubricants before or during sexual activity.
Natural remedies to prevent vaginal dryness;
Foods containing plant phytoestrogens or estrogens such as flaxseed or soy products can play an essential role in reducing vaginal dryness symptoms. You should also need to drink plenty of water with these foods to stay hydrated.
A regular exercise routine can promote blood flow and balance hormone levels. Initially, thirty minutes walk per day would be enough. Exercise such as Kegels can help to strengthen and relax weak muscles.
Pelvic floor exercise
When estrogen levels decrease, vaginal muscles begin to weaken. This exercise can help to strengthen weak vaginal muscles.
Regular sexual activity
During arousal, blood flow increases to the vaginal tissues that help to stimulate moisture production. Regular sexual activity can help manage vaginal dryness.
How to treat vaginal dryness?
The following products can be effective in treating vaginal dryness;
- Canesbalance Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) Vaginal Gel
- Femfresh Intimate Skin Care
- Hyalofemme Vaginal Moisturiser
- Balance Active Pessaries for BV Treatments
- Regelle Vaginal Moisturiser
- Replens MD Vaginal Moisturiser
Best time for seeking medical help
Usually, vaginal dryness does not indicate a severe medical condition. However, you need to seek medical help if discomfort caused by vaginal dryness lasts beyond a few days or if you feel pain during sexual intercourse. Vaginal dryness will cause cracking or sores in the vagina’s tissues if you leave it untreated. In addition, you need to seek immediate medical help if you are experiencing severe vaginal bleeding with dryness.
Can I buy vaginal dryness treatment online?
Click Pharmacy offers the most suitable gels and moisturisers to treat different vaginal dryness symptoms. These gels and moisturisers will help you to overcome vaginal dryness quickly. In addition, you can also contact the medical specialist at the click pharmacy to get the best advice. Our medical specialist will diagnose the severity of the vaginal dryness symptoms and recommend the effective drug for you. Then, within a short time, we will deliver that drug to your doorstep.
How long does it take to treat vaginal dryness?
Usually, it can take up to two weeks to get maximum relief against vaginal dryness symptoms such as itching or painful intercourse. However, if you often experience vaginal dryness or severe bleeding, it can take more time to treat vaginal dryness. In addition, usually, your doctor recommends treatment duration according to the severity of vaginal dryness symptoms.
Patient information leaflet
Gels or moisturisers can cause mild to moderate side effects to the vagina. To avoid these side effects, you need to read the leaflet. Usually, you can easily prevent side effects by following the instructions mentioned in the leaflet.
Last reviewed 11 April 2023
Order your medication in a few clicks. Our process is easy, fast and secure.